Saturday, February 14, 2009

New laptop

Weight: 199.0

I am writing to you from my brand, new laptop!

It was a Valentine's Day/birthday present from my spouse. To say I'm super stoked is a dramatic understatement. My desktop computer is about 10 years old. And I love my new laptop!

But the shopping experience, well, that was a marathon in itself.

We were gone from the house from 10:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. because we had to go to several stores quite a ways away to find it in stock for a Presidents Day sale. It was a perfect opportunity to try my diet in action.

I had a hearty, healthy breakfast before we left, and I packed two snacks for the trip. I also packed a tuna salad (sans mayo or dressing) on baby spinach for lunch. So while my spouse was eating fried food, I was chowing down on delicious and healthy food. And when I detected hunger, I had one of my snacks rather than waiting too long to eat and then making unhealthy food choices because I was too hungry.

When we got home, I was tired, but baked a chicken for dinner. With trussing, it only takes an hour to bake a whole chicken, and it's far more economical to buy a whole chicken rather than skinless, boneless chicken breasts.

I also rode my bicycle trainer this evening. I was tired, but I got 'er done.

All in all, it was a busy but very happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Welcome to blogging! I found you from the Beginner Triathlete web site.

I see you're interested in the no sugar diet...I'm going to start a new challenge on 3/1/2009, so keep watching for it.

I love your approach to gradual weightloss and your idea to think about each morsel of food and wheteher you want to carry it for 26.2 miles.

I'd definitely encourage the bike commuting, too...it's an excellent way to rack up the base miles.

I'll look forward to reading more!